Whether you live in Medford, Oregon, or not, you may need to get your car ready for some extra driving over the holidays. Consider using this car checklist to make sure that your vehicle is prepared for colder weather and trips to the airport.
- Make sure that you have a spare tire, and Jack and all of it works well you should also check to make sure that your spare has enough air in it.
- Consider getting your oil changed on a warmer day because car maintenance has just typically more miserable when it’s cold outside.
- Get your fluids topped off. These fluids can include transmission fluid, window washer fluid, brake fluid, etc.
- Make sure you have good tread on your tires or put your winter tires on your car. Check the air pressure in your tires to make sure that your tires wear evenly. Then you may get better gas mileage and aren’t at risk of having a flat.
- Check the battery on your car to make sure that it is holding a charge well on colder days.
- Check your windshield wipers to make sure that they are in good condition.
- Detail your car to make sure that it looks and smells excellent for your holiday guests. Install trash bins and stock the car with water and snacks just in case you get stuck in rush-hour traffic.
- Have any noises or smells checked out by a professional mechanic.
- Check the owner’s manual for your vehicle to make sure that you had preventive maintenance during the right times. You can also go ahead and schedule your next visit for car maintenance ahead of time with Ken scales automotive.
- If you are driving to a place that typically gets heavy snow and ice, go over some winter driving condition rules so that you feel ready to handle winter driving with confidence.
Contact Ken Scales Automotive if you need assistance getting your vehicle ready for winter driving