Your Guide to Vehicle Tune-Ups
As a responsible vehicle owner, you need to bring your car to a trusted mechanic for regular maintenance and check-ups. However, many Medford, OR drivers do not realize how often they truly need to go in for a tune-up and why these inspections are important. Here’s what you need to know about vehicle tune-ups.
What Do Mechanics Check for During a Tune-Up?
During a tune-up, your mechanic will examine your car’s engine and perform a few functions to help it run like new. Depending on your vehicle’s state, your mechanic may:
- Examine and replace belts, fluids, and hoses
- Replace your air and fuel filters
- Replace your spark plugs and plug wires
When Should I Get a Tune-Up?
Different vehicles have different tune-up needs. Depending on the age and number of miles on your vehicle, you may need tune-ups as often as once per year or more. You should check your vehicle owner’s manual for more information on your specific tune-up intervals.
- If you have an older vehicle that does not have an electronic ignition, you will need a tune-up every 10,000 to 12,000 miles or once per year. Whichever metric you hit first is when you should bring your car in.
- If you have a newer vehicle with an electronic ignition, you will need to seek a tune-up once every 25,000 to 100,000 miles.
What Are Some Signs That I Need a Tune-Up?
Even if you are not sure when you need to bring your car to a mechanic, there are a few telltale signs that you need to go in for a tune-up. If your vehicle experiences any of the following issues, you should visit a mechanic as soon as possible:
- You notice that your vehicle stalls frequently.
- It’s becoming difficult to start your car and seems to worsen over time.
- Your engine is running roughly while you are idling and/or accelerating.
Are you looking for reliable tune-up services in Medford, Oregon? Look no further than Ken Scales Automotive. Contact us today to learn more about our tune-up services and schedule your appointment.